Senior Footwear Designer
Category: Retail - Buying
Location: Manukau & East Auckland
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Fantastic company culture | Huge growth potential
- Full end to end design responsibility
- Leading & successful retail business
- You will be responsible for the creation of seasonal product designs and working on new constructions to drive the shape of seasonal ranges.
- You will develop conceptual designs aimed at delivering the long term strategy and driving ranges forward.
- Develop seasonal mood, colour and material boards through to managing timelines.
- Work with offshore suppliers on prototypes and samples, presenting to stakeholders and providing input on materials.
- You will have at least 5 years’ experience in footwear design.
- Ideally you will have a design qualification to degree level or equivalent industry experience.
- A high level skill in computer software – Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel, CAD software (ideal but not essential) and 3D/2D knowledge and experience.
- A full understanding of the shoe-making process, including product development, design, materials, lasts, units, leather cutting and the tannery process.
- You will be used to working to a strict timelines.
- Have a good understanding of product costing and design specification packs.
- You will have strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Be able to align design to strategic goals and be someone who can effectively manage pressure through good planning and organisation.
In return, you will work part of a successful international retail business, within a fantastic company culture, and in a position that is challenging, varied and offers career growth opportunities.
So don't delay – apply online today to be considered for this opportunity. Any questions please contact Dana on 09 520 8831.