Category: Retail - Buying
Location: Auckland Central
Work Type: Contract or Temp
- Amazing brand + exceptional team culture
- Contribute your creative flare to the menswear categories
- 14-16 month contract with potential to go perm.
A true retail leader for fashion, creating high-street inspired fashion at an affordable price point.
You will be a hands-on creative buyer/production controller that can also bring a solid commercial acumen and strategic approach. You will have worked across multiple product categories and experience in a vertical menswear buying background is desired.
- Clothing production & Category management of Men’s apparel
- Solid understanding of Garment Technology and Construction
- Great trend forecasting skills
- Supply chain management | Factory Relationship Management
- Planning / OTB Management
- Critical path & lead times knowledge
- Understanding of fabrics, specs & patterns
- Negotiating with suppliers
- High volume of SKU development
- China & Bangladesh sourcing experience & travel
- Have a relevant Fashion Design qualification
- Proven experience in menswear buying/production & design
- Experience within a volume retail business is desired
- Strong ability to work with and analyse numbers and situations
- Knowledge and understanding of ethical and social compliance
- Sound knowledge of garment construction and knowledge of fabrics (knits and wovens)
- A Self-motivated, energised with the ability to self-manage
- Proactive and positive attitude and contribution
- Ability to work with urgency in a fast paced and demanding environment
If you feel this role sounds like you then please click "Apply Now" or call Dana on 09 520 8831 for a confidential discussion.