Junior Fashion Designer
Location: Auckland Central
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Most iconic NZ fashion business
- HUGE career growth opportunities
- Competitive salary & company benefits
My client currently has a fantastic role for a Junior Designer to join their fast growing design team at their support office here in Auckland. They're looking for a highly creative person, who radiates style and has the ability to turn creative concepts and thoughts into reality!
They are an iconic women's fashion brand that continues to deliver the latest trends. Drawing inspiration from all over the world, they are passionate about leading the ever-changing market - with a growing store network here in NZ & across the ditch plus their eCom site that ships internationally.
About the role:
Your day will be fast paced and often changing quickly to respond to business requirements - so you'll need to love detail and be able to produce high quality work quickly and efficiently...
- Create clear and accurate 2D sketches (freehand or electronic) to be sent to supplier for development
- Interpret trends and design product to target their customers
- Present the trends and key messages of the season to Marketing, Retail, Digital and Visual Merchandising teams
- Create a 'How to wear' documents alternate weeks supporting product and trends in store
- Form and maintain relationships with key industry people
- Assist Designer and/or Design Manager when preparing for inspiration and or development trips
- Liaise daily with Product Assistant/Assistant Buyers to ascertain any issues relating to product development and sourcing samples
- I'm looking for a Junior Designer with a minimum of 2 years' experience within a similar role
- A fashion design qualification
- Extensive experience in Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- An exceptional team player is critical
Interested? Apply now!