Category: Retail - Buying
Location: Auckland Central
Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
- Fun, vibrant team environment
- Career development
- Great package & benefits
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Buyer to join this well-known retail brand and a leader within their space, selling a range of products that are forever changing, dynamic, fast paced, action packed and fun!
Drawing from your Buying experience you will assist in developing strategic and long term partnerships negotiating and securing compelling product assortments that set the company apart.
• Meet and liaise with suppliers negotiating purchases that match the category targets and standards
• Establish and maintain supplier relationships
• Negotiate prices and buying terms either consignment or outright purchase
• Push supplier agreements, exclusivity and payment terms
• Keep up to date with category trends
• Maximise sales opportunities by working with marketing on promotions and social networking
• Manage inventory levels
• Writing reports and forecasting sales levels
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Experience in a buying role ideally in the retail industry
• High attention to detail
• Have experience in Photoshop & InDesign
• Sound computer literacy with Microsoft Office and Excel
• Excellent Influencing & Negotiation Skills
• Strong decision making skills and analytical skills
Please click "Apply Now' as interviews are now in progress!